Greenberg unimpressed by PlayStation Move
Speaking at GDC last week, Microsoft executive Aaron Greenberg has said that the PlayStation Move motion controller is no threat to the Xbox 360's Natal.
The big cheese points out that Natal remains the only controller-free solution, the Move being based on Wiimote-style 'wands'.
"Xbox 360 has a strong history of innovation: Halo, Xbox LIVE and instant-on 1080p HD. With each of these, we had our sights set on the future - and it paid off for us, the industry and Xbox 360 owners. We are doing it again with Project Natal on Xbox 360. We believe controller-free experiences are the future of gaming and entertainment," Greenberg told TheBitBag.
"Only Project Natal makes YOU the controller, putting you in the middle of the action and in complete control. Jump and your Avatar jumps. Speak and characters respond. Combined with Xbox LIVE, Project Natal will transform how you connect with your friends, family and entertainment - as only Xbox 360 can do."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer