Gabe Newell: Portal 2 will be big
Speaking to 1UP at GDC, Valve boss Gabe Newell has said that Portal 2 will see the Portal concept 'go big', the developer exploring the full potential in this eagerly awaited sequel.
"One of the nice things about The Orange Box was it allowed us to try out a couple of different things, and Portal really seemed to resonate," Newell offers.
"We got the signals that we wanted - this is what people liked; this is what people didn't like. And to us, it was like, 'OK, now we know how to take this big,' so that's what we're going to do with Portal 2."
Portal 2 has been mooted for PC, Xbox 360 and Mac, and it sounds as if this follow-up will be much more sizeable than the original's 3 or so hours of action.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One