Gabe Newell: Portal 2 will be big
Speaking to 1UP at GDC, Valve boss Gabe Newell has said that Portal 2 will see the Portal concept 'go big', the developer exploring the full potential in this eagerly awaited sequel.
"One of the nice things about The Orange Box was it allowed us to try out a couple of different things, and Portal really seemed to resonate," Newell offers.
"We got the signals that we wanted - this is what people liked; this is what people didn't like. And to us, it was like, 'OK, now we know how to take this big,' so that's what we're going to do with Portal 2."
Portal 2 has been mooted for PC, Xbox 360 and Mac, and it sounds as if this follow-up will be much more sizeable than the original's 3 or so hours of action.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching