Gabe Newell: Portal 2 will be big
Speaking to 1UP at GDC, Valve boss Gabe Newell has said that Portal 2 will see the Portal concept 'go big', the developer exploring the full potential in this eagerly awaited sequel.
"One of the nice things about The Orange Box was it allowed us to try out a couple of different things, and Portal really seemed to resonate," Newell offers.
"We got the signals that we wanted - this is what people liked; this is what people didn't like. And to us, it was like, 'OK, now we know how to take this big,' so that's what we're going to do with Portal 2."
Portal 2 has been mooted for PC, Xbox 360 and Mac, and it sounds as if this follow-up will be much more sizeable than the original's 3 or so hours of action.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims