Gabe Newell: Portal 2 will be big
Speaking to 1UP at GDC, Valve boss Gabe Newell has said that Portal 2 will see the Portal concept 'go big', the developer exploring the full potential in this eagerly awaited sequel.
"One of the nice things about The Orange Box was it allowed us to try out a couple of different things, and Portal really seemed to resonate," Newell offers.
"We got the signals that we wanted - this is what people liked; this is what people didn't like. And to us, it was like, 'OK, now we know how to take this big,' so that's what we're going to do with Portal 2."
Portal 2 has been mooted for PC, Xbox 360 and Mac, and it sounds as if this follow-up will be much more sizeable than the original's 3 or so hours of action.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes