Gabe Newell: Portal 2 will be big
Speaking to 1UP at GDC, Valve boss Gabe Newell has said that Portal 2 will see the Portal concept 'go big', the developer exploring the full potential in this eagerly awaited sequel.
"One of the nice things about The Orange Box was it allowed us to try out a couple of different things, and Portal really seemed to resonate," Newell offers.
"We got the signals that we wanted - this is what people liked; this is what people didn't like. And to us, it was like, 'OK, now we know how to take this big,' so that's what we're going to do with Portal 2."
Portal 2 has been mooted for PC, Xbox 360 and Mac, and it sounds as if this follow-up will be much more sizeable than the original's 3 or so hours of action.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3