Xbox 360 beats Wii and PS3 in NPD sales
The latest NPD numbers, covering February, are in from the United States - the Nintendo DS easily outstripping the competition with sales of 613,000 units last month.
The biggest news, however, is probably the Xbox 360 charting in second place - despite the release of big name PS3 titles like Heavy Rain - with 422,000 sales.
The 360's impressive total pushed the Wii into third with just shy of 400,000 sales, the PS3 fourth with 360,000 consoles shifted.
Then there's the PSP well off the pace with 133,000 and the PS2 last with just over 100,000.
In software terms the big winners for February were BioShock 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Modern Warfare 2, Just Dance, Wii Sports Resort, Mass Effect 2, Dante's Inferno and Heavy Rain. More on all this as we get it.
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early