Xbox 360 beats Wii and PS3 in NPD sales
The latest NPD numbers, covering February, are in from the United States - the Nintendo DS easily outstripping the competition with sales of 613,000 units last month.
The biggest news, however, is probably the Xbox 360 charting in second place - despite the release of big name PS3 titles like Heavy Rain - with 422,000 sales.
The 360's impressive total pushed the Wii into third with just shy of 400,000 sales, the PS3 fourth with 360,000 consoles shifted.
Then there's the PSP well off the pace with 133,000 and the PS2 last with just over 100,000.
In software terms the big winners for February were BioShock 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Modern Warfare 2, Just Dance, Wii Sports Resort, Mass Effect 2, Dante's Inferno and Heavy Rain. More on all this as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year