Xbox 360 beats Wii and PS3 in NPD sales
The latest NPD numbers, covering February, are in from the United States - the Nintendo DS easily outstripping the competition with sales of 613,000 units last month.
The biggest news, however, is probably the Xbox 360 charting in second place - despite the release of big name PS3 titles like Heavy Rain - with 422,000 sales.
The 360's impressive total pushed the Wii into third with just shy of 400,000 sales, the PS3 fourth with 360,000 consoles shifted.
Then there's the PSP well off the pace with 133,000 and the PS2 last with just over 100,000.
In software terms the big winners for February were BioShock 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Modern Warfare 2, Just Dance, Wii Sports Resort, Mass Effect 2, Dante's Inferno and Heavy Rain. More on all this as we get it.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto