Xbox 360 beats Wii and PS3 in NPD sales
The latest NPD numbers, covering February, are in from the United States - the Nintendo DS easily outstripping the competition with sales of 613,000 units last month.
The biggest news, however, is probably the Xbox 360 charting in second place - despite the release of big name PS3 titles like Heavy Rain - with 422,000 sales.
The 360's impressive total pushed the Wii into third with just shy of 400,000 sales, the PS3 fourth with 360,000 consoles shifted.
Then there's the PSP well off the pace with 133,000 and the PS2 last with just over 100,000.
In software terms the big winners for February were BioShock 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Modern Warfare 2, Just Dance, Wii Sports Resort, Mass Effect 2, Dante's Inferno and Heavy Rain. More on all this as we get it.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III