Xbox 360 beats Wii and PS3 in NPD sales
The latest NPD numbers, covering February, are in from the United States - the Nintendo DS easily outstripping the competition with sales of 613,000 units last month.
The biggest news, however, is probably the Xbox 360 charting in second place - despite the release of big name PS3 titles like Heavy Rain - with 422,000 sales.
The 360's impressive total pushed the Wii into third with just shy of 400,000 sales, the PS3 fourth with 360,000 consoles shifted.
Then there's the PSP well off the pace with 133,000 and the PS2 last with just over 100,000.
In software terms the big winners for February were BioShock 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Modern Warfare 2, Just Dance, Wii Sports Resort, Mass Effect 2, Dante's Inferno and Heavy Rain. More on all this as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3