Molyneux demands massive Fable III sales
Chatting at GDC this week, Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux has said that he hopes Fable III can sell in excess of five million copies.
Beyond the financial implications of such huge sales, he hopes mass popularity will also justify the creative decisions taken for the series - specifically the artist direction (thanks IGN).
The original Fable sold three million copies while its sequel has so far sold 3.5 million.
Molyneux has said in the past that this sequel is more of an adventure game than a traditional RPG.
Lionhead also used GDC to show off new screenshots and confirm that Twitter support is en route for the game.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer