PS3 motion controller is 'Move'
It isn't Arc, Circle or any of the other names linked to the PS3's much discussed motion control system, Sony telling GDC today that the controller is instead titled 'Move'.
As revealed by a European trademark spied earlier today (thanks VG247), Move will be the name given to the wand-based device, unveiled in San Francisco by Peter Dille.
Dille describes the controller as "fast, precise and accurate", and hints that Sony regard their platform as a progression from the Wii.
Fighting, table tennis and golf games were all demonstrated in the GDC presentation.
An autumn debut is planned and Sony will offer up Move alongside the PlayStation Eye as part of a bundle costing 100 USD.
Twenty games will hit Move this financial year, with 36 developers on-board, while a special Move add-on for the controller will work with SOCOM 4 - the new gizmo working with Move to handle the shooting part of the experience.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch