PS3 motion controller is 'Move'
It isn't Arc, Circle or any of the other names linked to the PS3's much discussed motion control system, Sony telling GDC today that the controller is instead titled 'Move'.
As revealed by a European trademark spied earlier today (thanks VG247), Move will be the name given to the wand-based device, unveiled in San Francisco by Peter Dille.
Dille describes the controller as "fast, precise and accurate", and hints that Sony regard their platform as a progression from the Wii.
Fighting, table tennis and golf games were all demonstrated in the GDC presentation.
An autumn debut is planned and Sony will offer up Move alongside the PlayStation Eye as part of a bundle costing 100 USD.
Twenty games will hit Move this financial year, with 36 developers on-board, while a special Move add-on for the controller will work with SOCOM 4 - the new gizmo working with Move to handle the shooting part of the experience.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May