MS requested Final Fantasy for Xbox 360
Apparently, Square Enix agreed to develop Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360 because Microsoft 'asked' them to.
"The Xbox team has been asking us to have a [Final Fantasy] game developed on our platform. Also, the Xbox 360 console is available in many homes in US and European markets so that was not really a hard decision to make," enthused Yoichi Wada, Square Enix chief.
The game was originally set to be a PS3 exclusive, but following what sounds like a polite request, the publisher instead opted to create an Xbox 360 version for Western markets.
It sounds like the Xbox 360's sizeable install-base also played its part.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive