MS requested Final Fantasy for Xbox 360
Apparently, Square Enix agreed to develop Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360 because Microsoft 'asked' them to.
"The Xbox team has been asking us to have a [Final Fantasy] game developed on our platform. Also, the Xbox 360 console is available in many homes in US and European markets so that was not really a hard decision to make," enthused Yoichi Wada, Square Enix chief.
The game was originally set to be a PS3 exclusive, but following what sounds like a polite request, the publisher instead opted to create an Xbox 360 version for Western markets.
It sounds like the Xbox 360's sizeable install-base also played its part.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today