3D update for PS3 this June?
Rumour from Japan has it that a new firmware update due on June 10th will usher in 3D gaming on the PS3 console.
According to a translation on Neo-GAF, firmware update 3.20 will hit the PSN in mid-June, with big games already out getting backwards compatibility.
LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2 and Super Stardust HD count among the games that will work in 3D. More titles are expected from Sony in the coming months, as they use 3D to try and steal a lead over the Xbox 360.
More on all this from GDC, and beyond.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like