3D update for PS3 this June?
Rumour from Japan has it that a new firmware update due on June 10th will usher in 3D gaming on the PS3 console.
According to a translation on Neo-GAF, firmware update 3.20 will hit the PSN in mid-June, with big games already out getting backwards compatibility.
LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2 and Super Stardust HD count among the games that will work in 3D. More titles are expected from Sony in the coming months, as they use 3D to try and steal a lead over the Xbox 360.
More on all this from GDC, and beyond.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3