3D update for PS3 this June?
Rumour from Japan has it that a new firmware update due on June 10th will usher in 3D gaming on the PS3 console.
According to a translation on Neo-GAF, firmware update 3.20 will hit the PSN in mid-June, with big games already out getting backwards compatibility.
LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2 and Super Stardust HD count among the games that will work in 3D. More titles are expected from Sony in the coming months, as they use 3D to try and steal a lead over the Xbox 360.
More on all this from GDC, and beyond.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch