Black 2 was axed at EA
With Codemasters' new FPS Bodycount now unveiled, designer Stuart Black has revealed that a much called-for Black sequel was in the works at EA Criterion, before being canned.
Black 2 was in the works at EA, but its cancellation prompted the designer's departure to Codemasters, where he heads the new Guildford studio currently working on Bodycount.
"I certainly did some preliminary pre-production work on Black 2 once we finished Black, the first three or four months. I moved on quite quickly after that," Black tells Gamespot.
"A lot of the guys on the team I'm working with here now carried on with that and did a lot of pre-production for about a year or so on Black , before that kind of bit the dust. So, I don't really have personal knowledge about how that all played out. But there seemed to be overall a kind of general lack of direction. I'd be surprised if they managed that again."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch