Black 2 was axed at EA
With Codemasters' new FPS Bodycount now unveiled, designer Stuart Black has revealed that a much called-for Black sequel was in the works at EA Criterion, before being canned.
Black 2 was in the works at EA, but its cancellation prompted the designer's departure to Codemasters, where he heads the new Guildford studio currently working on Bodycount.
"I certainly did some preliminary pre-production work on Black 2 once we finished Black, the first three or four months. I moved on quite quickly after that," Black tells Gamespot.
"A lot of the guys on the team I'm working with here now carried on with that and did a lot of pre-production for about a year or so on Black , before that kind of bit the dust. So, I don't really have personal knowledge about how that all played out. But there seemed to be overall a kind of general lack of direction. I'd be surprised if they managed that again."
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016