Final Fantasy XIII launching in West
Having launched in Japan late last year, Final Fantasy XIII officially hits Western markets today on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Reviews of the hit RPG have gone down well for the most part - despite widespread accusations of linearity in Japan that have left some fans concerned.
Of course, this will be tempered by a multi-platform release that must be music to Microsoft's ears, even if the game remains a PS3 exclusive in Japan.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3) and Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP) remain in the works at Square Enix. More Final Fantasy XIII news soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3