Final Fantasy XIII launching in West
Having launched in Japan late last year, Final Fantasy XIII officially hits Western markets today on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Reviews of the hit RPG have gone down well for the most part - despite widespread accusations of linearity in Japan that have left some fans concerned.
Of course, this will be tempered by a multi-platform release that must be music to Microsoft's ears, even if the game remains a PS3 exclusive in Japan.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3) and Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP) remain in the works at Square Enix. More Final Fantasy XIII news soon.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch