PS3 shortages likely to continue stateside
According to VG247, Sony's US stock shortages are likely to continue for a little while longer - the firm struggling to replenish supplies fast enough.
According to communications exec Patrick Seybold, the US is likely to follow UK shortages last month - the firm blaming rising sales and big game launches.
"There is incredible pent up demand for PS3 right now and with incredible software momentum right for PS3 with Heavy Rain, MLB: The Show, BioShock 2 and God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, so we expect to see inventory to be tight for a bit longer," Seybold told GDC.
"We're working hard with our retail partners to meet that demand."
Apparently, the 120Gb Slim model is the worst effected. More soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer