PS3 shortages likely to continue stateside
According to VG247, Sony's US stock shortages are likely to continue for a little while longer - the firm struggling to replenish supplies fast enough.
According to communications exec Patrick Seybold, the US is likely to follow UK shortages last month - the firm blaming rising sales and big game launches.
"There is incredible pent up demand for PS3 right now and with incredible software momentum right for PS3 with Heavy Rain, MLB: The Show, BioShock 2 and God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, so we expect to see inventory to be tight for a bit longer," Seybold told GDC.
"We're working hard with our retail partners to meet that demand."
Apparently, the 120Gb Slim model is the worst effected. More soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3