Source details Tekken on iPhone
Not to be outdone by Capcom's Street Fighter IV port, the fighting game experts at Namco Bandai are in the process of bringing the Tekken series to iPhone and iPod touch.
PocketGamer cites an anonymous source close to Namco as confirming an iPhone iteration of the Tekken franchise is indeed coming. While no specific release date was offered, the game is supposedly near far along in development.
A touch-enabled port of Tekken 6 for PSP is suggested, though not confirmed with the source.
Namco states it has no intention of announcing a Tekken game at this week's GDC, but has not gone so far as to dispute claims that Tekken is being adapted for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer