Source details Tekken on iPhone
Not to be outdone by Capcom's Street Fighter IV port, the fighting game experts at Namco Bandai are in the process of bringing the Tekken series to iPhone and iPod touch.
PocketGamer cites an anonymous source close to Namco as confirming an iPhone iteration of the Tekken franchise is indeed coming. While no specific release date was offered, the game is supposedly near far along in development.
A touch-enabled port of Tekken 6 for PSP is suggested, though not confirmed with the source.
Namco states it has no intention of announcing a Tekken game at this week's GDC, but has not gone so far as to dispute claims that Tekken is being adapted for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week