Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light a spin-off?
Rumour has it that the next Tomb Raider game, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, will be an arcade-focussed co-op game that will be played from a top-down perspective and this, coupled with the PSN / Xbox Live release plan, suggests the new game could be regarded as a spin-off of sorts.
In the game, Lara will apparently be joined by a Mayan warrior called Totec. The story will apparently see our two heroes helping each other, doing battle with a spirit called Xoxolt - platforming and fighting.
The fact that 'Tomb Raider' has been dropped from the title, and the digital delivery approach, also hints that this new outing might be regarded as something of a departure from the main cannon of the IP.
We'll have more on Guardian of Light just as soon as we get it. Thanks GameSpot.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update