Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light a spin-off?
Rumour has it that the next Tomb Raider game, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, will be an arcade-focussed co-op game that will be played from a top-down perspective and this, coupled with the PSN / Xbox Live release plan, suggests the new game could be regarded as a spin-off of sorts.
In the game, Lara will apparently be joined by a Mayan warrior called Totec. The story will apparently see our two heroes helping each other, doing battle with a spirit called Xoxolt - platforming and fighting.
The fact that 'Tomb Raider' has been dropped from the title, and the digital delivery approach, also hints that this new outing might be regarded as something of a departure from the main cannon of the IP.
We'll have more on Guardian of Light just as soon as we get it. Thanks GameSpot.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year