Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light a spin-off?
Rumour has it that the next Tomb Raider game, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, will be an arcade-focussed co-op game that will be played from a top-down perspective and this, coupled with the PSN / Xbox Live release plan, suggests the new game could be regarded as a spin-off of sorts.
In the game, Lara will apparently be joined by a Mayan warrior called Totec. The story will apparently see our two heroes helping each other, doing battle with a spirit called Xoxolt - platforming and fighting.
The fact that 'Tomb Raider' has been dropped from the title, and the digital delivery approach, also hints that this new outing might be regarded as something of a departure from the main cannon of the IP.
We'll have more on Guardian of Light just as soon as we get it. Thanks GameSpot.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO