Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light a spin-off?
Rumour has it that the next Tomb Raider game, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, will be an arcade-focussed co-op game that will be played from a top-down perspective and this, coupled with the PSN / Xbox Live release plan, suggests the new game could be regarded as a spin-off of sorts.
In the game, Lara will apparently be joined by a Mayan warrior called Totec. The story will apparently see our two heroes helping each other, doing battle with a spirit called Xoxolt - platforming and fighting.
The fact that 'Tomb Raider' has been dropped from the title, and the digital delivery approach, also hints that this new outing might be regarded as something of a departure from the main cannon of the IP.
We'll have more on Guardian of Light just as soon as we get it. Thanks GameSpot.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free