Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light a spin-off?
Rumour has it that the next Tomb Raider game, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, will be an arcade-focussed co-op game that will be played from a top-down perspective and this, coupled with the PSN / Xbox Live release plan, suggests the new game could be regarded as a spin-off of sorts.
In the game, Lara will apparently be joined by a Mayan warrior called Totec. The story will apparently see our two heroes helping each other, doing battle with a spirit called Xoxolt - platforming and fighting.
The fact that 'Tomb Raider' has been dropped from the title, and the digital delivery approach, also hints that this new outing might be regarded as something of a departure from the main cannon of the IP.
We'll have more on Guardian of Light just as soon as we get it. Thanks GameSpot.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update