iPad set for April debut
Apple confirmed at the tail-end of last week that the iPad tablet computer will be released stateside on the 3rd of April, with Europe set to get the gizmo in late April.
The April 3rd debut will only cover that standard model, with the 3G version set to follow a few weeks later.
"We're excited for customers to get their hands on this magical and revolutionary product and connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before," enthuses Apple boss man Steve Jobs.
Pre-orders of the new device will open on March 12th stateside, with the cheapest model coming in at 499 USD. Some commentators have hailed the gaming potential of the device, although initially most software on the system will mimic the iPhone.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes