iPad set for April debut
Apple confirmed at the tail-end of last week that the iPad tablet computer will be released stateside on the 3rd of April, with Europe set to get the gizmo in late April.
The April 3rd debut will only cover that standard model, with the 3G version set to follow a few weeks later.
"We're excited for customers to get their hands on this magical and revolutionary product and connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before," enthuses Apple boss man Steve Jobs.
Pre-orders of the new device will open on March 12th stateside, with the cheapest model coming in at 499 USD. Some commentators have hailed the gaming potential of the device, although initially most software on the system will mimic the iPhone.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer