iPad set for April debut
Apple confirmed at the tail-end of last week that the iPad tablet computer will be released stateside on the 3rd of April, with Europe set to get the gizmo in late April.
The April 3rd debut will only cover that standard model, with the 3G version set to follow a few weeks later.
"We're excited for customers to get their hands on this magical and revolutionary product and connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before," enthuses Apple boss man Steve Jobs.
Pre-orders of the new device will open on March 12th stateside, with the cheapest model coming in at 499 USD. Some commentators have hailed the gaming potential of the device, although initially most software on the system will mimic the iPhone.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter