iPad set for April debut
Apple confirmed at the tail-end of last week that the iPad tablet computer will be released stateside on the 3rd of April, with Europe set to get the gizmo in late April.
The April 3rd debut will only cover that standard model, with the 3G version set to follow a few weeks later.
"We're excited for customers to get their hands on this magical and revolutionary product and connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before," enthuses Apple boss man Steve Jobs.
Pre-orders of the new device will open on March 12th stateside, with the cheapest model coming in at 499 USD. Some commentators have hailed the gaming potential of the device, although initially most software on the system will mimic the iPhone.
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC