Sledgehammer CoD not due in 2011
Activision have confirmed that there is a Call of Duty game in development for 2011.
Crucially, they have neither attached Infinity Ward's name to it nor confirmed that it will be the newly announced action adventure addition to the series that Sledgehammer are working on.
BroadPoint AmTech's Ben Schachter told Gamespot: "Activision also confirmed that a new Call of Duty title was in the works for 2011 (but notably did not attach Infinity Ward's name to it), and announced a new Call of Duty title in the action/adventure game to be designed by a newly formed studio, Sledgehammer Games, but would not confirm a 2011 release date for this new action title."
This confirms the recent statement released by Activision: "The company is also for the first time announcing that a new game in the Call of Duty series is expected to be released in 2011 and that Sledgehammer Games, a newly formed, wholly owned studio, is in development on a Call of Duty game that will extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell