Vanquish destined for PS3 and Xbox 360
PlatinumGames next title, Vanquish, will be released on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
The big difference this time around is that Vanquish is being developed with PlayStation 3 as the lead platform.
Given the problems with the PS3 version of Bayonetta the game's director Shinji Mikami sees the PS3 as the natural choice as lead platform.
Mikami told 1UP: "We're leading development on PS3. Obviously each console has its own unique requirements and limitations, but we feel if we can create a good enough presentation on PS3, we'll be off to a good start."
The problems with Bayonetta were caused by Sega's poor port from Platinum's 360 code.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title