Vanquish destined for PS3 and Xbox 360
PlatinumGames next title, Vanquish, will be released on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
The big difference this time around is that Vanquish is being developed with PlayStation 3 as the lead platform.
Given the problems with the PS3 version of Bayonetta the game's director Shinji Mikami sees the PS3 as the natural choice as lead platform.
Mikami told 1UP: "We're leading development on PS3. Obviously each console has its own unique requirements and limitations, but we feel if we can create a good enough presentation on PS3, we'll be off to a good start."
The problems with Bayonetta were caused by Sega's poor port from Platinum's 360 code.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer