Vanquish destined for PS3 and Xbox 360
PlatinumGames next title, Vanquish, will be released on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
The big difference this time around is that Vanquish is being developed with PlayStation 3 as the lead platform.
Given the problems with the PS3 version of Bayonetta the game's director Shinji Mikami sees the PS3 as the natural choice as lead platform.
Mikami told 1UP: "We're leading development on PS3. Obviously each console has its own unique requirements and limitations, but we feel if we can create a good enough presentation on PS3, we'll be off to a good start."
The problems with Bayonetta were caused by Sega's poor port from Platinum's 360 code.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing