EA picks up Deathspank
EA have picked up the publishing rights Hothead Games' new title Deathspank.
The new game from the studio of Secret of Monkey Island legend Ron Gilbert, is an action RPG laced with classic PC influences as well as Gilbert's own unique sense of humour.
Ian Wilkinson, CEO of Hothead Games said: "We are proud of our independence, but are very excited to be working with EA Partners on a title as big as DeathSpank. With EA Partners handling distribution and marketing, Hothead can continue to focus on what we do best, making great games."
Deathspank is headed for PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade later this year.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3