Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light unveiled
Square Enix have today confirmed their next Lara Croft game and in something of a surprise move, the game will omit 'Tomb Raider' from its title altogether.
Called Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, the new offering will be delivered in digital form and should be with us 'later' this year.
Developer Crystal Dynamics are promising a departure with this new outing - a break from previous games in the long-running series.
"This is a really exciting project for Crystal Dynamics, we have created something completely new and very different to what people might be expecting," offers Darrell Gallagher, Crystal Dynamics chief.
"Lara Croft is such an iconic character in videogames, with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light we have created what we believe is a truly original digital experience."
Secret showings are said to be planned for GDC next week.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year