Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light unveiled
Square Enix have today confirmed their next Lara Croft game and in something of a surprise move, the game will omit 'Tomb Raider' from its title altogether.
Called Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, the new offering will be delivered in digital form and should be with us 'later' this year.
Developer Crystal Dynamics are promising a departure with this new outing - a break from previous games in the long-running series.
"This is a really exciting project for Crystal Dynamics, we have created something completely new and very different to what people might be expecting," offers Darrell Gallagher, Crystal Dynamics chief.
"Lara Croft is such an iconic character in videogames, with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light we have created what we believe is a truly original digital experience."
Secret showings are said to be planned for GDC next week.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes