Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light unveiled
Square Enix have today confirmed their next Lara Croft game and in something of a surprise move, the game will omit 'Tomb Raider' from its title altogether.
Called Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, the new offering will be delivered in digital form and should be with us 'later' this year.
Developer Crystal Dynamics are promising a departure with this new outing - a break from previous games in the long-running series.
"This is a really exciting project for Crystal Dynamics, we have created something completely new and very different to what people might be expecting," offers Darrell Gallagher, Crystal Dynamics chief.
"Lara Croft is such an iconic character in videogames, with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light we have created what we believe is a truly original digital experience."
Secret showings are said to be planned for GDC next week.
- Destiny's Vault of Glass Raid coming next week
- Evolution boasts load times under 10 seconds and a 17GB install for Driveclub
- Frontier announces the final release pricing for Elite: Dangerous
- Footage appears of a cancelled Kinect-powered Gears Of War RTS
- Sony closing PSN access for European PSP users next week
- Hotline Miami themed DLC coming to Payday 2
- Sony: The PS Vita is “remarkably resilient”
- Football Manager documentary headed to Vue Cinemas next month
- Curious about the how combat works in Frozen Synapse Prime? The latest video explains all