Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light unveiled
Square Enix have today confirmed their next Lara Croft game and in something of a surprise move, the game will omit 'Tomb Raider' from its title altogether.
Called Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, the new offering will be delivered in digital form and should be with us 'later' this year.
Developer Crystal Dynamics are promising a departure with this new outing - a break from previous games in the long-running series.
"This is a really exciting project for Crystal Dynamics, we have created something completely new and very different to what people might be expecting," offers Darrell Gallagher, Crystal Dynamics chief.
"Lara Croft is such an iconic character in videogames, with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light we have created what we believe is a truly original digital experience."
Secret showings are said to be planned for GDC next week.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year