Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light unveiled
Square Enix have today confirmed their next Lara Croft game and in something of a surprise move, the game will omit 'Tomb Raider' from its title altogether.
Called Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, the new offering will be delivered in digital form and should be with us 'later' this year.
Developer Crystal Dynamics are promising a departure with this new outing - a break from previous games in the long-running series.
"This is a really exciting project for Crystal Dynamics, we have created something completely new and very different to what people might be expecting," offers Darrell Gallagher, Crystal Dynamics chief.
"Lara Croft is such an iconic character in videogames, with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light we have created what we believe is a truly original digital experience."
Secret showings are said to be planned for GDC next week.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light