NHL 2K11 a Wii exclusive
Rumours regarding the cancellation of NHL 2K11 were only partly founded - the game still lives, but it's coming only to Wii with the previously planned PS3 and Xbox 360 sacked.
During a financial conference call with investors, Take-Two revealed that the game would not be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 with the hope of allowing an additional year of development time for the next instalment.
Chairman Strauss Zelnick explains, "We want to become a stronger competitor in this category and taking a year off on PS3 and Xbox 360, while focusing on making the best possible game for Wii, should allow us to accomplish that goal."
With a Wii-only release, success for NHL 2K11 will be that much tougher when it comes out later this year.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer