NHL 2K11 a Wii exclusive
Rumours regarding the cancellation of NHL 2K11 were only partly founded - the game still lives, but it's coming only to Wii with the previously planned PS3 and Xbox 360 sacked.
During a financial conference call with investors, Take-Two revealed that the game would not be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 with the hope of allowing an additional year of development time for the next instalment.
Chairman Strauss Zelnick explains, "We want to become a stronger competitor in this category and taking a year off on PS3 and Xbox 360, while focusing on making the best possible game for Wii, should allow us to accomplish that goal."
With a Wii-only release, success for NHL 2K11 will be that much tougher when it comes out later this year.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date