NHL 2K11 a Wii exclusive
Rumours regarding the cancellation of NHL 2K11 were only partly founded - the game still lives, but it's coming only to Wii with the previously planned PS3 and Xbox 360 sacked.
During a financial conference call with investors, Take-Two revealed that the game would not be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 with the hope of allowing an additional year of development time for the next instalment.
Chairman Strauss Zelnick explains, "We want to become a stronger competitor in this category and taking a year off on PS3 and Xbox 360, while focusing on making the best possible game for Wii, should allow us to accomplish that goal."
With a Wii-only release, success for NHL 2K11 will be that much tougher when it comes out later this year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer