NHL 2K11 a Wii exclusive
Rumours regarding the cancellation of NHL 2K11 were only partly founded - the game still lives, but it's coming only to Wii with the previously planned PS3 and Xbox 360 sacked.
During a financial conference call with investors, Take-Two revealed that the game would not be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 with the hope of allowing an additional year of development time for the next instalment.
Chairman Strauss Zelnick explains, "We want to become a stronger competitor in this category and taking a year off on PS3 and Xbox 360, while focusing on making the best possible game for Wii, should allow us to accomplish that goal."
With a Wii-only release, success for NHL 2K11 will be that much tougher when it comes out later this year.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One