NHL 2K11 a Wii exclusive
Rumours regarding the cancellation of NHL 2K11 were only partly founded - the game still lives, but it's coming only to Wii with the previously planned PS3 and Xbox 360 sacked.
During a financial conference call with investors, Take-Two revealed that the game would not be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 with the hope of allowing an additional year of development time for the next instalment.
Chairman Strauss Zelnick explains, "We want to become a stronger competitor in this category and taking a year off on PS3 and Xbox 360, while focusing on making the best possible game for Wii, should allow us to accomplish that goal."
With a Wii-only release, success for NHL 2K11 will be that much tougher when it comes out later this year.
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III coming this November, skipping last-gen release
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference