CryEngine 3 to support Stereoscopic 3D
Crysis 2 is set to be shown off in glorious Stereoscopic 3D at this year's GDC in San Francisco.
As well as using the opportunity to show off Crysis 2 in 3D, Crytek are hoping to show just how powerful CyrEngine 3 is in a bid to license it out like the Unreal Engine.
Crytek's Carl Jones told NowGamer: "Over the past few years, S[tereoscopic]-3D technology has emerged as one of the key trends both in movies and games. With CryENGINE 3, developers will have the ability to create their content in 3D on all platforms. There are basically no longer any limits to a designer's creativity."
"After the successful introduction of CryEngine 3 at last year's GDC," added Jones. "We are really excited to show the latest version of our all-in-one game development solution this year in stereoscopic 3D."
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced