Garriott still happy with Tabula Rasa
Ultima creator and one-time astronaut Richard Garriott has been speaking about his recent track record.
In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz Garriott explained how he was still pleased with Tabula Rasa despite the game flopping miserably.
The self-styled Lord British said: "Just for the record with Tabula Rasa and other games: I have about a 50:50 hit/miss ratio with the publication of all my games."
Garriott continued: "Although Tabula Rasa didn't find a sufficiently big audience for NCsoft to wish to continue it, I'm actually still very pleased with a lot of the innovations we brought to bear on the game, and I think there's a lot of ways in which it succeeded to at least the design vision we were attempting."
He finished by admitting that it wasn't perhaps his best work: "In hindsight, even I would be critical of a wide swathe of things in Tabula Rasa, but that's no different to any others games I've done."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light