Garriott still happy with Tabula Rasa
Ultima creator and one-time astronaut Richard Garriott has been speaking about his recent track record.
In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz Garriott explained how he was still pleased with Tabula Rasa despite the game flopping miserably.
The self-styled Lord British said: "Just for the record with Tabula Rasa and other games: I have about a 50:50 hit/miss ratio with the publication of all my games."
Garriott continued: "Although Tabula Rasa didn't find a sufficiently big audience for NCsoft to wish to continue it, I'm actually still very pleased with a lot of the innovations we brought to bear on the game, and I think there's a lot of ways in which it succeeded to at least the design vision we were attempting."
He finished by admitting that it wasn't perhaps his best work: "In hindsight, even I would be critical of a wide swathe of things in Tabula Rasa, but that's no different to any others games I've done."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer