Garriott still happy with Tabula Rasa
Ultima creator and one-time astronaut Richard Garriott has been speaking about his recent track record.
In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz Garriott explained how he was still pleased with Tabula Rasa despite the game flopping miserably.
The self-styled Lord British said: "Just for the record with Tabula Rasa and other games: I have about a 50:50 hit/miss ratio with the publication of all my games."
Garriott continued: "Although Tabula Rasa didn't find a sufficiently big audience for NCsoft to wish to continue it, I'm actually still very pleased with a lot of the innovations we brought to bear on the game, and I think there's a lot of ways in which it succeeded to at least the design vision we were attempting."
He finished by admitting that it wasn't perhaps his best work: "In hindsight, even I would be critical of a wide swathe of things in Tabula Rasa, but that's no different to any others games I've done."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter