Nintendo bets on Zelda this year
A jovial exchange between Wired: Game Life Blog and Nintendo's Cammy Dunaway provides affirmation that a new Wii instalment of The Legend of Zelda franchise is expected before the end of this year.
Referring to a bet about the release of a new Mario, Metroid, and Zelda game all within 2010, Dunaway exclaimed that she won and was owed a steak dinner. In other words, following the release of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M this summer will be a new Zelda game for Wii during the 2010 holiday season.
While the summer releases are earlier than expected, a new Zelda game this autumn does sound like a big promise. The last console instalment - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - underwent significant delays.
Take it with a grain of salt, though you can be sure that the game will at least pop up in June during E3.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto