Nintendo bets on Zelda this year
A jovial exchange between Wired: Game Life Blog and Nintendo's Cammy Dunaway provides affirmation that a new Wii instalment of The Legend of Zelda franchise is expected before the end of this year.
Referring to a bet about the release of a new Mario, Metroid, and Zelda game all within 2010, Dunaway exclaimed that she won and was owed a steak dinner. In other words, following the release of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M this summer will be a new Zelda game for Wii during the 2010 holiday season.
While the summer releases are earlier than expected, a new Zelda game this autumn does sound like a big promise. The last console instalment - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - underwent significant delays.
Take it with a grain of salt, though you can be sure that the game will at least pop up in June during E3.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year