Nintendo bets on Zelda this year
A jovial exchange between Wired: Game Life Blog and Nintendo's Cammy Dunaway provides affirmation that a new Wii instalment of The Legend of Zelda franchise is expected before the end of this year.
Referring to a bet about the release of a new Mario, Metroid, and Zelda game all within 2010, Dunaway exclaimed that she won and was owed a steak dinner. In other words, following the release of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M this summer will be a new Zelda game for Wii during the 2010 holiday season.
While the summer releases are earlier than expected, a new Zelda game this autumn does sound like a big promise. The last console instalment - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - underwent significant delays.
Take it with a grain of salt, though you can be sure that the game will at least pop up in June during E3.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny