Nintendo bets on Zelda this year
A jovial exchange between Wired: Game Life Blog and Nintendo's Cammy Dunaway provides affirmation that a new Wii instalment of The Legend of Zelda franchise is expected before the end of this year.
Referring to a bet about the release of a new Mario, Metroid, and Zelda game all within 2010, Dunaway exclaimed that she won and was owed a steak dinner. In other words, following the release of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M this summer will be a new Zelda game for Wii during the 2010 holiday season.
While the summer releases are earlier than expected, a new Zelda game this autumn does sound like a big promise. The last console instalment - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - underwent significant delays.
Take it with a grain of salt, though you can be sure that the game will at least pop up in June during E3.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date