Nintendo bets on Zelda this year
A jovial exchange between Wired: Game Life Blog and Nintendo's Cammy Dunaway provides affirmation that a new Wii instalment of The Legend of Zelda franchise is expected before the end of this year.
Referring to a bet about the release of a new Mario, Metroid, and Zelda game all within 2010, Dunaway exclaimed that she won and was owed a steak dinner. In other words, following the release of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M this summer will be a new Zelda game for Wii during the 2010 holiday season.
While the summer releases are earlier than expected, a new Zelda game this autumn does sound like a big promise. The last console instalment - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - underwent significant delays.
Take it with a grain of salt, though you can be sure that the game will at least pop up in June during E3.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition