British PM backs UK games business
Speaking in a podcast directed towards the Global Investor Conference, British prime minister Gordon Brown has said that the UK games industry is at the forefront of the games industry.
"We're leading the way in creative industries. [We're] by far the biggest producer of computer games in Europe, and we're leading the way in digital communications in a country with only one percent of the world's population. More than a third of all internet traffic is routed through UK servers," Brown revealed, as reported by Edge.
"So this coming week is another chance to showcase the UK. This is not just a talking shop though. There will be new commitments of investment off the back of this conference."
UK pressure group TIGA backed Brown's comments, but urged the PM to push through tax breaks to support the industry.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny