British PM backs UK games business
Speaking in a podcast directed towards the Global Investor Conference, British prime minister Gordon Brown has said that the UK games industry is at the forefront of the games industry.
"We're leading the way in creative industries. [We're] by far the biggest producer of computer games in Europe, and we're leading the way in digital communications in a country with only one percent of the world's population. More than a third of all internet traffic is routed through UK servers," Brown revealed, as reported by Edge.
"So this coming week is another chance to showcase the UK. This is not just a talking shop though. There will be new commitments of investment off the back of this conference."
UK pressure group TIGA backed Brown's comments, but urged the PM to push through tax breaks to support the industry.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015