Derby road named Lara Croft Way
The British midlands city of Derby has voted in favour of naming their new ring road Lara Croft Way.
The new road was named thusly in honour of Derby's most famous big-breasted video game star (Core Design, creators of Tomb Raider, were founded in the city).
89 percent of the 27,000 voters preferred Lara Croft Way, and the title of the 36.2 million GBP project has been officially confirmed this week.
"The vote really captured the imagination of people from across the world and, despite my lack of gaming knowledge, I accept that a majority of 89% for Lara Croft is too overwhelming to ignore," the BBC were told by Councillor Lucy Care.
"She was created in Derby and deserves to stand alongside some of the more traditional icons of the city."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3