Derby road named Lara Croft Way
The British midlands city of Derby has voted in favour of naming their new ring road Lara Croft Way.
The new road was named thusly in honour of Derby's most famous big-breasted video game star (Core Design, creators of Tomb Raider, were founded in the city).
89 percent of the 27,000 voters preferred Lara Croft Way, and the title of the 36.2 million GBP project has been officially confirmed this week.
"The vote really captured the imagination of people from across the world and, despite my lack of gaming knowledge, I accept that a majority of 89% for Lara Croft is too overwhelming to ignore," the BBC were told by Councillor Lucy Care.
"She was created in Derby and deserves to stand alongside some of the more traditional icons of the city."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer