Derby road named Lara Croft Way
The British midlands city of Derby has voted in favour of naming their new ring road Lara Croft Way.
The new road was named thusly in honour of Derby's most famous big-breasted video game star (Core Design, creators of Tomb Raider, were founded in the city).
89 percent of the 27,000 voters preferred Lara Croft Way, and the title of the 36.2 million GBP project has been officially confirmed this week.
"The vote really captured the imagination of people from across the world and, despite my lack of gaming knowledge, I accept that a majority of 89% for Lara Croft is too overwhelming to ignore," the BBC were told by Councillor Lucy Care.
"She was created in Derby and deserves to stand alongside some of the more traditional icons of the city."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO