Derby road named Lara Croft Way
The British midlands city of Derby has voted in favour of naming their new ring road Lara Croft Way.
The new road was named thusly in honour of Derby's most famous big-breasted video game star (Core Design, creators of Tomb Raider, were founded in the city).
89 percent of the 27,000 voters preferred Lara Croft Way, and the title of the 36.2 million GBP project has been officially confirmed this week.
"The vote really captured the imagination of people from across the world and, despite my lack of gaming knowledge, I accept that a majority of 89% for Lara Croft is too overwhelming to ignore," the BBC were told by Councillor Lucy Care.
"She was created in Derby and deserves to stand alongside some of the more traditional icons of the city."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year