Derby road named Lara Croft Way
The British midlands city of Derby has voted in favour of naming their new ring road Lara Croft Way.
The new road was named thusly in honour of Derby's most famous big-breasted video game star (Core Design, creators of Tomb Raider, were founded in the city).
89 percent of the 27,000 voters preferred Lara Croft Way, and the title of the 36.2 million GBP project has been officially confirmed this week.
"The vote really captured the imagination of people from across the world and, despite my lack of gaming knowledge, I accept that a majority of 89% for Lara Croft is too overwhelming to ignore," the BBC were told by Councillor Lucy Care.
"She was created in Derby and deserves to stand alongside some of the more traditional icons of the city."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey