GAME closing 43 stores
GAME have confirmed that they are set to close 43 stores across the UK.
The closures include 12 branches of GAME, six Gamestation stores and all GAME concession stores in Debenhams.
In total the closures affect 247 members of staff although GAME claims that they will do their best to find other positions within the chain for as many of these as possible.
A representative from GAME told Edge Online: "We regularly review our entire store portfolio, including our concessions, to maximise the opportunities to reach customers while also ensuring that the business is running as effectively as possible."
The statement continued: "As a result of this review process, and the tougher market conditions that we face in 2010, we have announced our intention to close 12 Game stores, 6 Gamestation stores, and all 25 of our concessions in Debenhams stores. In each location, we have detailed plans to support the customers and employees."
Of the staff it added: "We will provide extensive support to the teams in each store. However, with deep regret, we have had to offer redundancy to 247 employees. We will do our utmost to redeploy roles if possible, and have started consulting with all affected employees in the 43 sites.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold