Yakuza 3 cut for the West
Sega have announced that Yakuza 3 will reach the West slightly smaller than it is in Japan.
They have admitted (via IGN) that they have cut out some of the game's content that they felt was only relevant to Japanese gamers.
A Sega representative said: "The content between Yakuza 3 US/UK and Yakuza JP is a little different in that we took out certain bits in order to bring the game to the west in the time allotted for us to do so. The parts we ended up taking out were parts that we felt wouldn't make sense (like a Japanese history quiz game) or wouldn't resonate as much (such as the concept of a hostess club)."
This will not be to the detriment of the game however. The rep continued: "We didn't replace the parts we took out, but we made absolutely sure that the story continuity stayed intact so that the story experience was the same as the Japanese version and that it didn't take away the human drama so inherent to the Yakuza series."
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft