18Gb install for Final Fantasy XIII
A staggering 18.3 Gb hard drive installation can be selected when playing the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII, potentially creating issues for anyone with a small hard drive or one reaching full capacity.
According to reporting by Ve3tro which is in the process of reviewing the game ahead of its release on March 9, the Xbox 360 version provides an option for installing the game to your hard drive to improve performance and loading times
Upon choosing this optional installation, each of three discs write approximately 6 GB of data to the hard drive. That fills more than 18 GB of space, which is more space than what is made available on a 20 GB Xbox 360 hard drive.
Fortunately, the install is optional, so if you don't have the space, you don't have to use the feature.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May