18Gb install for Final Fantasy XIII
A staggering 18.3 Gb hard drive installation can be selected when playing the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII, potentially creating issues for anyone with a small hard drive or one reaching full capacity.
According to reporting by Ve3tro which is in the process of reviewing the game ahead of its release on March 9, the Xbox 360 version provides an option for installing the game to your hard drive to improve performance and loading times
Upon choosing this optional installation, each of three discs write approximately 6 GB of data to the hard drive. That fills more than 18 GB of space, which is more space than what is made available on a 20 GB Xbox 360 hard drive.
Fortunately, the install is optional, so if you don't have the space, you don't have to use the feature.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3