18Gb install for Final Fantasy XIII
A staggering 18.3 Gb hard drive installation can be selected when playing the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII, potentially creating issues for anyone with a small hard drive or one reaching full capacity.
According to reporting by Ve3tro which is in the process of reviewing the game ahead of its release on March 9, the Xbox 360 version provides an option for installing the game to your hard drive to improve performance and loading times
Upon choosing this optional installation, each of three discs write approximately 6 GB of data to the hard drive. That fills more than 18 GB of space, which is more space than what is made available on a 20 GB Xbox 360 hard drive.
Fortunately, the install is optional, so if you don't have the space, you don't have to use the feature.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title