No install for God of War III needed
Bucking a rather annoying trend requiring installation of game data to your PS3 hard drive, God of War III won't require any install--just pop the Blu-ray disc in and play.
Sony tech guru Christer Ericson posted to Twitter a note clarifying that no data installation is necessary to play the game. Instead, a paltry 5 MB is required for saving your games.
"God of War 3 does NOT do a HD install. The 5MB listed on box back is for save game only."
That's great news because it means no waiting to play when God of War III comes out March 16 in the US and March 19 in Europe.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday