No install for God of War III needed
Bucking a rather annoying trend requiring installation of game data to your PS3 hard drive, God of War III won't require any install--just pop the Blu-ray disc in and play.
Sony tech guru Christer Ericson posted to Twitter a note clarifying that no data installation is necessary to play the game. Instead, a paltry 5 MB is required for saving your games.
"God of War 3 does NOT do a HD install. The 5MB listed on box back is for save game only."
That's great news because it means no waiting to play when God of War III comes out March 16 in the US and March 19 in Europe.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free