No install for God of War III needed
Bucking a rather annoying trend requiring installation of game data to your PS3 hard drive, God of War III won't require any install--just pop the Blu-ray disc in and play.
Sony tech guru Christer Ericson posted to Twitter a note clarifying that no data installation is necessary to play the game. Instead, a paltry 5 MB is required for saving your games.
"God of War 3 does NOT do a HD install. The 5MB listed on box back is for save game only."
That's great news because it means no waiting to play when God of War III comes out March 16 in the US and March 19 in Europe.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO