No install for God of War III needed
Bucking a rather annoying trend requiring installation of game data to your PS3 hard drive, God of War III won't require any install--just pop the Blu-ray disc in and play.
Sony tech guru Christer Ericson posted to Twitter a note clarifying that no data installation is necessary to play the game. Instead, a paltry 5 MB is required for saving your games.
"God of War 3 does NOT do a HD install. The 5MB listed on box back is for save game only."
That's great news because it means no waiting to play when God of War III comes out March 16 in the US and March 19 in Europe.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3