No Max Payne for Remedy
Remedy may have fond memories of the Max Payne series they created, but the developer have no plans to make a return to Take-Two's IP.
"Max was a long process for us obviously as well," franchise head Oskari Hakkinen told VG247.
"We sold the IP to Rockstar who are now doing their interpretation of Max Payne. I haven't seen it. I mean, I've seen the screenshots [of Max Payne 3], and you know what? Rockstar don't make bad games.
"Rockstar make awesome games, and, rightly so, they're going to make their own interpretation of Max Payne and it's not going to be a Remedy game. But it'll be awesome, because it's going to be Rockstar."
Max Payne 3 is out out at the end of 2010.
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4