No Max Payne for Remedy
Remedy may have fond memories of the Max Payne series they created, but the developer have no plans to make a return to Take-Two's IP.
"Max was a long process for us obviously as well," franchise head Oskari Hakkinen told VG247.
"We sold the IP to Rockstar who are now doing their interpretation of Max Payne. I haven't seen it. I mean, I've seen the screenshots [of Max Payne 3], and you know what? Rockstar don't make bad games.
"Rockstar make awesome games, and, rightly so, they're going to make their own interpretation of Max Payne and it's not going to be a Remedy game. But it'll be awesome, because it's going to be Rockstar."
Max Payne 3 is out out at the end of 2010.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today