No Max Payne for Remedy
Remedy may have fond memories of the Max Payne series they created, but the developer have no plans to make a return to Take-Two's IP.
"Max was a long process for us obviously as well," franchise head Oskari Hakkinen told VG247.
"We sold the IP to Rockstar who are now doing their interpretation of Max Payne. I haven't seen it. I mean, I've seen the screenshots [of Max Payne 3], and you know what? Rockstar don't make bad games.
"Rockstar make awesome games, and, rightly so, they're going to make their own interpretation of Max Payne and it's not going to be a Remedy game. But it'll be awesome, because it's going to be Rockstar."
Max Payne 3 is out out at the end of 2010.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced