No Max Payne for Remedy
Remedy may have fond memories of the Max Payne series they created, but the developer have no plans to make a return to Take-Two's IP.
"Max was a long process for us obviously as well," franchise head Oskari Hakkinen told VG247.
"We sold the IP to Rockstar who are now doing their interpretation of Max Payne. I haven't seen it. I mean, I've seen the screenshots [of Max Payne 3], and you know what? Rockstar don't make bad games.
"Rockstar make awesome games, and, rightly so, they're going to make their own interpretation of Max Payne and it's not going to be a Remedy game. But it'll be awesome, because it's going to be Rockstar."
Max Payne 3 is out out at the end of 2010.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny