Sony “can't talk” about what platform The Last Guardian will be release on
Shuhei Yoshida, head of Sony Worldwide Studios, has been talking a little bit more about what's happening with Team ICO's long lost title The Last Guardian.
Firstly, Yoshida-san confirmed that it is still in development with Fumito Ueda still fully involved despite his departure from Sony. They're not ready to talk about it yet and he wouldn't even commit to what platform it would be released on although he did stated that the game was being re-engineered.
“So, we're waiting for the right time to re-introduce The Last Guardian in an appropriate way,” Yoshida-san explained. “ I can't... Well, the game is in development, and it's well staffed, and Ueda-san is here, working - even though he's not a Sony employee, he's dedicated to the product. But we're not ready to update yet.”
He added on the whole 'hiatus' issue, “Hiatus, I never... It was Jack Tretton! He used that term, and I said no, hiatus is misleading. It was a hiatus in terms of releasing new information. The game has never stopped - the team has always been here. They're going through the re-engineering of the game, so the team size is smaller, because it's more engineering focused right now.”
Sounds like it may be in the process of being reworked for the PS4 although don't quote us on that for now.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year