Garriott launching new developer
Space-fairing game designer Richard Garriott, a.k.a. Lord British, has confirmed he is getting back into gaming with a new firm, Portalarium.
The new outfit will focus on the emerging social media gaming scene - Facebook games to you and me.
"The Portalarium mission is exactly what I want to be doing next in games," said Garriott. "This really takes me back to my roots in the game business - small development teams, low barriers to entry, affordable budgets for quality projects, and unlimited new interactive frontiers to explore together with our customers."
Garriott will be joined at his new start-up by Origin veterans Dallas Snell and Fred Schmidt. More as we get it. Thanks GI.biz.
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4