Garriott launching new developer
Space-fairing game designer Richard Garriott, a.k.a. Lord British, has confirmed he is getting back into gaming with a new firm, Portalarium.
The new outfit will focus on the emerging social media gaming scene - Facebook games to you and me.
"The Portalarium mission is exactly what I want to be doing next in games," said Garriott. "This really takes me back to my roots in the game business - small development teams, low barriers to entry, affordable budgets for quality projects, and unlimited new interactive frontiers to explore together with our customers."
Garriott will be joined at his new start-up by Origin veterans Dallas Snell and Fred Schmidt. More as we get it. Thanks GI.biz.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone