Garriott launching new developer
Space-fairing game designer Richard Garriott, a.k.a. Lord British, has confirmed he is getting back into gaming with a new firm, Portalarium.
The new outfit will focus on the emerging social media gaming scene - Facebook games to you and me.
"The Portalarium mission is exactly what I want to be doing next in games," said Garriott. "This really takes me back to my roots in the game business - small development teams, low barriers to entry, affordable budgets for quality projects, and unlimited new interactive frontiers to explore together with our customers."
Garriott will be joined at his new start-up by Origin veterans Dallas Snell and Fred Schmidt. More as we get it. Thanks GI.biz.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3