Garriott launching new developer
Space-fairing game designer Richard Garriott, a.k.a. Lord British, has confirmed he is getting back into gaming with a new firm, Portalarium.
The new outfit will focus on the emerging social media gaming scene - Facebook games to you and me.
"The Portalarium mission is exactly what I want to be doing next in games," said Garriott. "This really takes me back to my roots in the game business - small development teams, low barriers to entry, affordable budgets for quality projects, and unlimited new interactive frontiers to explore together with our customers."
Garriott will be joined at his new start-up by Origin veterans Dallas Snell and Fred Schmidt. More as we get it. Thanks GI.biz.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced