No Final Fantasy XIII DLC planned
Square Enix current claims that there is no plan to release downloadable content for Final Fantasy XIII, highlighting the wealth of content in the core game as being more than sufficient to satisfy RPG lusts.
On PlayStation.Blog, Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Director Motomu Toriyama explained that DLC is not a point of interest for the development team.
"Regarding the DLC content, we feel that the final product is 100% enjoyableits the complete package. So were not planning any DLC at this time."
Of course, that could easily morph into plans to release downloadable content. Blockbuster sales of the game will undoubtedly put pressure on Square Enix to reconsider its current position regarding DLC.
Final Fantasy XIII will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 9.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year