No Final Fantasy XIII DLC planned
Square Enix current claims that there is no plan to release downloadable content for Final Fantasy XIII, highlighting the wealth of content in the core game as being more than sufficient to satisfy RPG lusts.
On PlayStation.Blog, Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Director Motomu Toriyama explained that DLC is not a point of interest for the development team.
"Regarding the DLC content, we feel that the final product is 100% enjoyableits the complete package. So were not planning any DLC at this time."
Of course, that could easily morph into plans to release downloadable content. Blockbuster sales of the game will undoubtedly put pressure on Square Enix to reconsider its current position regarding DLC.
Final Fantasy XIII will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 9.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine