No Final Fantasy XIII DLC planned
Square Enix current claims that there is no plan to release downloadable content for Final Fantasy XIII, highlighting the wealth of content in the core game as being more than sufficient to satisfy RPG lusts.
On PlayStation.Blog, Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Director Motomu Toriyama explained that DLC is not a point of interest for the development team.
"Regarding the DLC content, we feel that the final product is 100% enjoyableits the complete package. So were not planning any DLC at this time."
Of course, that could easily morph into plans to release downloadable content. Blockbuster sales of the game will undoubtedly put pressure on Square Enix to reconsider its current position regarding DLC.
Final Fantasy XIII will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 9.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May