No Final Fantasy XIII DLC planned
Square Enix current claims that there is no plan to release downloadable content for Final Fantasy XIII, highlighting the wealth of content in the core game as being more than sufficient to satisfy RPG lusts.
On PlayStation.Blog, Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Director Motomu Toriyama explained that DLC is not a point of interest for the development team.
"Regarding the DLC content, we feel that the final product is 100% enjoyableits the complete package. So were not planning any DLC at this time."
Of course, that could easily morph into plans to release downloadable content. Blockbuster sales of the game will undoubtedly put pressure on Square Enix to reconsider its current position regarding DLC.
Final Fantasy XIII will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 9.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer