Street Fighter IV iPhone not super
Street Fighter IV is being scaled down for release on iPhone and iPod touch, though questions about the game's controls could leave this adaptation less than super.
IGN broke the story, providing first details on the game's graphics, controls, and playable characters. Ken and Ryu are the only two confirmed cast members so far, though a "large roster" with characters from the console games is promised.
The graphics are consistent with the console versions, however the controls aren't. In the screenshots, a multi-directional virtual control stick sits opposite four virtual face buttons. Yeah...that sounds less than ideal.
Fighters are a tricky lot on iPhone, yet the gesture-based controls of Gameloft's Blades of Fury prove it possible. The virtual button scheme of Street Fighter IV, however, has us a bit concerned.
Street Fighter IV is expected this spring for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America