Street Fighter IV iPhone not super
Street Fighter IV is being scaled down for release on iPhone and iPod touch, though questions about the game's controls could leave this adaptation less than super.
IGN broke the story, providing first details on the game's graphics, controls, and playable characters. Ken and Ryu are the only two confirmed cast members so far, though a "large roster" with characters from the console games is promised.
The graphics are consistent with the console versions, however the controls aren't. In the screenshots, a multi-directional virtual control stick sits opposite four virtual face buttons. Yeah...that sounds less than ideal.
Fighters are a tricky lot on iPhone, yet the gesture-based controls of Gameloft's Blades of Fury prove it possible. The virtual button scheme of Street Fighter IV, however, has us a bit concerned.
Street Fighter IV is expected this spring for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year