Street Fighter IV iPhone not super
Street Fighter IV is being scaled down for release on iPhone and iPod touch, though questions about the game's controls could leave this adaptation less than super.
IGN broke the story, providing first details on the game's graphics, controls, and playable characters. Ken and Ryu are the only two confirmed cast members so far, though a "large roster" with characters from the console games is promised.
The graphics are consistent with the console versions, however the controls aren't. In the screenshots, a multi-directional virtual control stick sits opposite four virtual face buttons. Yeah...that sounds less than ideal.
Fighters are a tricky lot on iPhone, yet the gesture-based controls of Gameloft's Blades of Fury prove it possible. The virtual button scheme of Street Fighter IV, however, has us a bit concerned.
Street Fighter IV is expected this spring for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO