iPad to 'turn things on their head'
Team 17 has been talking about the sorts of ideas that they have come up with for the iPad.
Team 17's Tim Bradley told NowGamer that the iPad would be ideal for god sim games like Populous.
Bradley said: "A lot of the traditional console games have you directly controlling an avatar - gamepads are really well suited to this focused type of play. When you can touch and interact with all that you can see, perhaps it's going to make more sense to control your avatar indirectly by manipulating the world around them - think Populous, Labyrinth 1/2 and other such games."
Bradley sees the iPad changing the way games are played because the touch screen is so different from traditional game pads.
He continues: "Of course this isn't just about reinventing control systems for existing titles - games are going to have to come along that lend themselves to this style of gameplay. Perhaps this will turn things on their head a bit."
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 30-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3