Black creator working on new Codemasters FPS
Stuart Black, the man behind Criterion's 2005 hit FPS Black, is working on a new project, this time with Codemasters' Guildford Studio.
Codemasters has confirmed today to CVG that Black has joined them and is working on a new FPS title using their EGO engine.
Codematsers VP of development, Gavin Cheshire said: "With Stuart Black directing the vision for our new IP in production, deployment of EGO and key development figures heading up a highly skilled team, our Guildford facility offers great potential for development talent based in the South East who want to join a growing studio and work on original titles."
This is the first new IP from Codemasters since Race Driver: GRID breathed new life into the TOCA franchise.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive