Sony revenues dominated by PS3
According to NPD's figures, the PS3 now accounts for as much as 94 percent of Sony's console revenue.
With both the PSP and PS2 in decline Sony's main source of income is the newly revitalised PS3.
Despite continued popularity in Japan the PSP has seen a 22 percent drop in software revenues from the last quarter of 2009 compared to the last quarter of 2008 with the hardware unit sales dropping 30 percent for the same period.
These figures now seem to show that Sony is almost entirely relying on the PS3.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch