Sony revenues dominated by PS3
According to NPD's figures, the PS3 now accounts for as much as 94 percent of Sony's console revenue.
With both the PSP and PS2 in decline Sony's main source of income is the newly revitalised PS3.
Despite continued popularity in Japan the PSP has seen a 22 percent drop in software revenues from the last quarter of 2009 compared to the last quarter of 2008 with the hardware unit sales dropping 30 percent for the same period.
These figures now seem to show that Sony is almost entirely relying on the PS3.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny