Sony revenues dominated by PS3
According to NPD's figures, the PS3 now accounts for as much as 94 percent of Sony's console revenue.
With both the PSP and PS2 in decline Sony's main source of income is the newly revitalised PS3.
Despite continued popularity in Japan the PSP has seen a 22 percent drop in software revenues from the last quarter of 2009 compared to the last quarter of 2008 with the hardware unit sales dropping 30 percent for the same period.
These figures now seem to show that Sony is almost entirely relying on the PS3.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access