Don't count on seeing Sunset Overdrive on PS4 says Insomniac
Insomniac is pretty emphatic that their new game Sunset Overdrive is an Xbox One exclusive and that is that.
The Resistance developer's first next-gen outing Sunset Overdrive was unveiled at the Xbox One reveal in May as an exclusive for the console and they have no plans to take it ot other platforms.
Community web developer Tim Salvitti has made that clear on the Insomniac forums. He told one fan who was petitioning for an PS4 version of the game, "Sunset Overdrive is and will be exclusive to the Xbox One. Petitions will not change that. We have a partner in Microsoft, that we are happy with for this title. That doesn't mean we can't and won't work with other publishers (see Into the Nexus)."
"I would not count on it being on the PS4. I will not say never because you never really know (heck Ratchet could end up on Xbox one day), but we are not planning on it being on the PS4, nor is it planned to be a timed exclusive. It is being developed and optimized for the Xbox One," he told another fan.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer