Molyneux keen to avoid over-hype
Veteran game designer Peter Molyneux was once crowned the king of hyperbole, but the enthusiastic game maker has said he is trying to tone down his rhetoric and not over-promise.
Molyneux doesn't want everyone to get overly excited and then inevitably disappointed about new releases like Fable III, so he's going to try to keep his pre-release talk under-stated.
"I definitly have learnt my lesson about over-promising. There is a ton of work to do for sure, and the team are working hard. I truly believe," Molyneux told Twitter.
The designer regards Fable III as more of an action-adventure game than an RPG, and he says Lionhead have dropped levelling up and the traditional HUD from the game.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release