Molyneux keen to avoid over-hype
Veteran game designer Peter Molyneux was once crowned the king of hyperbole, but the enthusiastic game maker has said he is trying to tone down his rhetoric and not over-promise.
Molyneux doesn't want everyone to get overly excited and then inevitably disappointed about new releases like Fable III, so he's going to try to keep his pre-release talk under-stated.
"I definitly have learnt my lesson about over-promising. There is a ton of work to do for sure, and the team are working hard. I truly believe," Molyneux told Twitter.
The designer regards Fable III as more of an action-adventure game than an RPG, and he says Lionhead have dropped levelling up and the traditional HUD from the game.
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below