Molyneux keen to avoid over-hype
Veteran game designer Peter Molyneux was once crowned the king of hyperbole, but the enthusiastic game maker has said he is trying to tone down his rhetoric and not over-promise.
Molyneux doesn't want everyone to get overly excited and then inevitably disappointed about new releases like Fable III, so he's going to try to keep his pre-release talk under-stated.
"I definitly have learnt my lesson about over-promising. There is a ton of work to do for sure, and the team are working hard. I truly believe," Molyneux told Twitter.
The designer regards Fable III as more of an action-adventure game than an RPG, and he says Lionhead have dropped levelling up and the traditional HUD from the game.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year