Molyneux keen to avoid over-hype
Veteran game designer Peter Molyneux was once crowned the king of hyperbole, but the enthusiastic game maker has said he is trying to tone down his rhetoric and not over-promise.
Molyneux doesn't want everyone to get overly excited and then inevitably disappointed about new releases like Fable III, so he's going to try to keep his pre-release talk under-stated.
"I definitly have learnt my lesson about over-promising. There is a ton of work to do for sure, and the team are working hard. I truly believe," Molyneux told Twitter.
The designer regards Fable III as more of an action-adventure game than an RPG, and he says Lionhead have dropped levelling up and the traditional HUD from the game.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer