Molyneux keen to avoid over-hype
Veteran game designer Peter Molyneux was once crowned the king of hyperbole, but the enthusiastic game maker has said he is trying to tone down his rhetoric and not over-promise.
Molyneux doesn't want everyone to get overly excited and then inevitably disappointed about new releases like Fable III, so he's going to try to keep his pre-release talk under-stated.
"I definitly have learnt my lesson about over-promising. There is a ton of work to do for sure, and the team are working hard. I truly believe," Molyneux told Twitter.
The designer regards Fable III as more of an action-adventure game than an RPG, and he says Lionhead have dropped levelling up and the traditional HUD from the game.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3