Obsidian turning out Wheel of Time
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time fantasy book series is receiving the game treatment courtesy of Obsidian Entertainment, which will likely be released in conjunction with a film being produced by Universal.
Obsidian is surely crafting a role-playing game given its portfolio which includes Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, upcoming spy game Alpha Protocol, and the highly anticipated Fallout: New Vegas.
While the developer has had a mixed critical results, there's no question a game adaptation of the Wheel of Time would catch more than a few eyes.
No release date has been set for the game, but it's unlikely to be out before 2011.
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler