Obsidian turning out Wheel of Time
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time fantasy book series is receiving the game treatment courtesy of Obsidian Entertainment, which will likely be released in conjunction with a film being produced by Universal.
Obsidian is surely crafting a role-playing game given its portfolio which includes Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, upcoming spy game Alpha Protocol, and the highly anticipated Fallout: New Vegas.
While the developer has had a mixed critical results, there's no question a game adaptation of the Wheel of Time would catch more than a few eyes.
No release date has been set for the game, but it's unlikely to be out before 2011.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan