Obsidian turning out Wheel of Time
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time fantasy book series is receiving the game treatment courtesy of Obsidian Entertainment, which will likely be released in conjunction with a film being produced by Universal.
Obsidian is surely crafting a role-playing game given its portfolio which includes Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, upcoming spy game Alpha Protocol, and the highly anticipated Fallout: New Vegas.
While the developer has had a mixed critical results, there's no question a game adaptation of the Wheel of Time would catch more than a few eyes.
No release date has been set for the game, but it's unlikely to be out before 2011.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer