Obsidian turning out Wheel of Time
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time fantasy book series is receiving the game treatment courtesy of Obsidian Entertainment, which will likely be released in conjunction with a film being produced by Universal.
Obsidian is surely crafting a role-playing game given its portfolio which includes Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, upcoming spy game Alpha Protocol, and the highly anticipated Fallout: New Vegas.
While the developer has had a mixed critical results, there's no question a game adaptation of the Wheel of Time would catch more than a few eyes.
No release date has been set for the game, but it's unlikely to be out before 2011.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year