tri-Ace RPG in shadow of FF XIII
Final Fantasy XIII is unquestionable the role-playing event of the year, but that isn't stopping other developers from pushing their wares this spring in the shadow of the massive series.
Star Ocean developer tri-Ace has finished work on Resonance of Fate, an original role-playing game to be published by Sega a mere week after Final Fantasy XIII. Only seven days separate the two games, but there's sure to be far more distance between the two in terms of sales.
The anticipation has been growing exponentially for Square Enix's game, which obviously puts Resonance of Fate in a poor position. Of course, the March 16 release is far better than the original date that had been set: March 9, the very same day on which Final Fantasy XIII comes out.
We'll know just how much difference a week makes soon enough.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday