tri-Ace RPG in shadow of FF XIII
Final Fantasy XIII is unquestionable the role-playing event of the year, but that isn't stopping other developers from pushing their wares this spring in the shadow of the massive series.
Star Ocean developer tri-Ace has finished work on Resonance of Fate, an original role-playing game to be published by Sega a mere week after Final Fantasy XIII. Only seven days separate the two games, but there's sure to be far more distance between the two in terms of sales.
The anticipation has been growing exponentially for Square Enix's game, which obviously puts Resonance of Fate in a poor position. Of course, the March 16 release is far better than the original date that had been set: March 9, the very same day on which Final Fantasy XIII comes out.
We'll know just how much difference a week makes soon enough.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell