US PSP sales crash and burn
PSP has hit hard time in the US where sales continue to fall in spite of claims from Sony that the launch of PSPgo has brought a resurgence of interest in the handheld.
According to analysis by PocketGamer, PSP sales have dropped a staggering 58% from the same time last year. 172k PSPs were sold in January 2009 compared to just 100k last month.
This is a stark contrast to DS, which continues to sell like hotcakes. DS outsold PSP 4-to-1. Then there's iPhone and iPod touch, which is outselling even DS. While it's not a dedicated gaming machine, people are buying them for just that purpose.
The question now is what's Sony to do/
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015