US PSP sales crash and burn
PSP has hit hard time in the US where sales continue to fall in spite of claims from Sony that the launch of PSPgo has brought a resurgence of interest in the handheld.
According to analysis by PocketGamer, PSP sales have dropped a staggering 58% from the same time last year. 172k PSPs were sold in January 2009 compared to just 100k last month.
This is a stark contrast to DS, which continues to sell like hotcakes. DS outsold PSP 4-to-1. Then there's iPhone and iPod touch, which is outselling even DS. While it's not a dedicated gaming machine, people are buying them for just that purpose.
The question now is what's Sony to do/
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date