US PSP sales crash and burn
PSP has hit hard time in the US where sales continue to fall in spite of claims from Sony that the launch of PSPgo has brought a resurgence of interest in the handheld.
According to analysis by PocketGamer, PSP sales have dropped a staggering 58% from the same time last year. 172k PSPs were sold in January 2009 compared to just 100k last month.
This is a stark contrast to DS, which continues to sell like hotcakes. DS outsold PSP 4-to-1. Then there's iPhone and iPod touch, which is outselling even DS. While it's not a dedicated gaming machine, people are buying them for just that purpose.
The question now is what's Sony to do/
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year