US PSP sales crash and burn
PSP has hit hard time in the US where sales continue to fall in spite of claims from Sony that the launch of PSPgo has brought a resurgence of interest in the handheld.
According to analysis by PocketGamer, PSP sales have dropped a staggering 58% from the same time last year. 172k PSPs were sold in January 2009 compared to just 100k last month.
This is a stark contrast to DS, which continues to sell like hotcakes. DS outsold PSP 4-to-1. Then there's iPhone and iPod touch, which is outselling even DS. While it's not a dedicated gaming machine, people are buying them for just that purpose.
The question now is what's Sony to do/
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today