New DICE collaboration
Digital Illusions CE (DICE, to you and me) have confirmed today a collaboration with DesertCombat mod experts Trauma Studios, on a 'previously unannounced' DICE project. The deal lasts for 12 months and is worth a hefty $550,000.
Trauma are a fifteen man team based in New York, and created the mod which fuelled DICE's Battlefield 1942's ongoing success - with three millions downloads of the mod to date.
"We understood the impact DesertCombat had quite early. The mod kept Battlefield's popularity in place during the last year, as well as helped us sell a considerable amount of games," commented DICE CEO Patrick Söderlund. "We have established a close cooperation with Trauma, and now we have come to an exclusive agreement with them."
No news on what this game will be however - and whether or not its related to the forthcoming Battlefield Vietnam title, due out in March. We'll keep our eyes peeled for more news.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer