New DICE collaboration
Digital Illusions CE (DICE, to you and me) have confirmed today a collaboration with DesertCombat mod experts Trauma Studios, on a 'previously unannounced' DICE project. The deal lasts for 12 months and is worth a hefty $550,000.
Trauma are a fifteen man team based in New York, and created the mod which fuelled DICE's Battlefield 1942's ongoing success - with three millions downloads of the mod to date.
"We understood the impact DesertCombat had quite early. The mod kept Battlefield's popularity in place during the last year, as well as helped us sell a considerable amount of games," commented DICE CEO Patrick Söderlund. "We have established a close cooperation with Trauma, and now we have come to an exclusive agreement with them."
No news on what this game will be however - and whether or not its related to the forthcoming Battlefield Vietnam title, due out in March. We'll keep our eyes peeled for more news.
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date