New DICE collaboration
Digital Illusions CE (DICE, to you and me) have confirmed today a collaboration with DesertCombat mod experts Trauma Studios, on a 'previously unannounced' DICE project. The deal lasts for 12 months and is worth a hefty $550,000.
Trauma are a fifteen man team based in New York, and created the mod which fuelled DICE's Battlefield 1942's ongoing success - with three millions downloads of the mod to date.
"We understood the impact DesertCombat had quite early. The mod kept Battlefield's popularity in place during the last year, as well as helped us sell a considerable amount of games," commented DICE CEO Patrick Söderlund. "We have established a close cooperation with Trauma, and now we have come to an exclusive agreement with them."
No news on what this game will be however - and whether or not its related to the forthcoming Battlefield Vietnam title, due out in March. We'll keep our eyes peeled for more news.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone