New DICE collaboration
Digital Illusions CE (DICE, to you and me) have confirmed today a collaboration with DesertCombat mod experts Trauma Studios, on a 'previously unannounced' DICE project. The deal lasts for 12 months and is worth a hefty $550,000.
Trauma are a fifteen man team based in New York, and created the mod which fuelled DICE's Battlefield 1942's ongoing success - with three millions downloads of the mod to date.
"We understood the impact DesertCombat had quite early. The mod kept Battlefield's popularity in place during the last year, as well as helped us sell a considerable amount of games," commented DICE CEO Patrick Söderlund. "We have established a close cooperation with Trauma, and now we have come to an exclusive agreement with them."
No news on what this game will be however - and whether or not its related to the forthcoming Battlefield Vietnam title, due out in March. We'll keep our eyes peeled for more news.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft