New DICE collaboration
Digital Illusions CE (DICE, to you and me) have confirmed today a collaboration with DesertCombat mod experts Trauma Studios, on a 'previously unannounced' DICE project. The deal lasts for 12 months and is worth a hefty $550,000.
Trauma are a fifteen man team based in New York, and created the mod which fuelled DICE's Battlefield 1942's ongoing success - with three millions downloads of the mod to date.
"We understood the impact DesertCombat had quite early. The mod kept Battlefield's popularity in place during the last year, as well as helped us sell a considerable amount of games," commented DICE CEO Patrick Söderlund. "We have established a close cooperation with Trauma, and now we have come to an exclusive agreement with them."
No news on what this game will be however - and whether or not its related to the forthcoming Battlefield Vietnam title, due out in March. We'll keep our eyes peeled for more news.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat