Sony expect PS3 retail shortages
As Sony never tire of telling us, the PS3 is doing better, so much so that communications boss Patrick Seybold thinks there could be shortages of the console at retailers in coming months.
"We're working very hard with our retail partners to meet consumer interest, but the demand is tremendously high for the PS3 and we expect tight inventory in the coming months," Sybold offers, commenting on the latest NPD sales results.
"The strong demand carrying through the holidays was evident, and early in the month we [knew] there was going to be limited supply of the PS3 at retail in January.
"We're working closely with the retail channel to meet this demand, but expect tight supply for the coming months."
Games like MAG, Heavy Rain and BioShock 2 are expected to help push the PS3 in the coming months.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year