Sony expect PS3 retail shortages
As Sony never tire of telling us, the PS3 is doing better, so much so that communications boss Patrick Seybold thinks there could be shortages of the console at retailers in coming months.
"We're working very hard with our retail partners to meet consumer interest, but the demand is tremendously high for the PS3 and we expect tight inventory in the coming months," Sybold offers, commenting on the latest NPD sales results.
"The strong demand carrying through the holidays was evident, and early in the month we [knew] there was going to be limited supply of the PS3 at retail in January.
"We're working closely with the retail channel to meet this demand, but expect tight supply for the coming months."
Games like MAG, Heavy Rain and BioShock 2 are expected to help push the PS3 in the coming months.
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer