Sony expect PS3 retail shortages
As Sony never tire of telling us, the PS3 is doing better, so much so that communications boss Patrick Seybold thinks there could be shortages of the console at retailers in coming months.
"We're working very hard with our retail partners to meet consumer interest, but the demand is tremendously high for the PS3 and we expect tight inventory in the coming months," Sybold offers, commenting on the latest NPD sales results.
"The strong demand carrying through the holidays was evident, and early in the month we [knew] there was going to be limited supply of the PS3 at retail in January.
"We're working closely with the retail channel to meet this demand, but expect tight supply for the coming months."
Games like MAG, Heavy Rain and BioShock 2 are expected to help push the PS3 in the coming months.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light