Sony expect PS3 retail shortages
As Sony never tire of telling us, the PS3 is doing better, so much so that communications boss Patrick Seybold thinks there could be shortages of the console at retailers in coming months.
"We're working very hard with our retail partners to meet consumer interest, but the demand is tremendously high for the PS3 and we expect tight inventory in the coming months," Sybold offers, commenting on the latest NPD sales results.
"The strong demand carrying through the holidays was evident, and early in the month we [knew] there was going to be limited supply of the PS3 at retail in January.
"We're working closely with the retail channel to meet this demand, but expect tight supply for the coming months."
Games like MAG, Heavy Rain and BioShock 2 are expected to help push the PS3 in the coming months.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One