Sony expect PS3 retail shortages
As Sony never tire of telling us, the PS3 is doing better, so much so that communications boss Patrick Seybold thinks there could be shortages of the console at retailers in coming months.
"We're working very hard with our retail partners to meet consumer interest, but the demand is tremendously high for the PS3 and we expect tight inventory in the coming months," Sybold offers, commenting on the latest NPD sales results.
"The strong demand carrying through the holidays was evident, and early in the month we [knew] there was going to be limited supply of the PS3 at retail in January.
"We're working closely with the retail channel to meet this demand, but expect tight supply for the coming months."
Games like MAG, Heavy Rain and BioShock 2 are expected to help push the PS3 in the coming months.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto