Fable III is "not RPG"
Lionhead's Peter Molyneux believes that the third game in his long-running Fable series should not be regarded as an RPG at all. He describes the title as of the 'action-adventure' genre.
Speaking at X10 and showing off the third game, Molyneux offered: "I'm not sure I even call Fable an RPG anymore. Certainly not a 1990s RPG, for sure. In a way, you could look at it and say its like an action adventure.
"Theres a lot of drama, there a lot of story, there's a lot of emotion in there - but with leveling up. I love that leveling up. I'm not the sort of person that likes being given a pre-planned character and told 'this is you no matter what'."
More Fable news soon. Thanks CVG.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One