Fable III is "not RPG"
Lionhead's Peter Molyneux believes that the third game in his long-running Fable series should not be regarded as an RPG at all. He describes the title as of the 'action-adventure' genre.
Speaking at X10 and showing off the third game, Molyneux offered: "I'm not sure I even call Fable an RPG anymore. Certainly not a 1990s RPG, for sure. In a way, you could look at it and say its like an action adventure.
"Theres a lot of drama, there a lot of story, there's a lot of emotion in there - but with leveling up. I love that leveling up. I'm not the sort of person that likes being given a pre-planned character and told 'this is you no matter what'."
More Fable news soon. Thanks CVG.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny