No Alan Wake for PC
Xbox 360 exclusive Alan Wake is looming ever nearer, Remedy's open-world adventure taking centre stage at last week's X10 bash stateside. The PC version, however, has been axed.
Alan Wake was originally due out on both the 360 and the PC, but Strategy Informer catch word that the title is now only en route to the console.
"Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience 'Alan Wake' was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive," official word from Microsoft offers.
"Both Microsoft and Remedy have long histories in PC game development. This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform."
Alan Wake is out in May.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell