No Alan Wake for PC
Xbox 360 exclusive Alan Wake is looming ever nearer, Remedy's open-world adventure taking centre stage at last week's X10 bash stateside. The PC version, however, has been axed.
Alan Wake was originally due out on both the 360 and the PC, but Strategy Informer catch word that the title is now only en route to the console.
"Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience 'Alan Wake' was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive," official word from Microsoft offers.
"Both Microsoft and Remedy have long histories in PC game development. This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform."
Alan Wake is out in May.
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler