Sledgehammer unveils the multiplayer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare at a glitzy event in Cologne
Sledgehammer Games co-founders Michel Condrey and Glen Schofield have taken to the stage live in Cologne, Germany, to unveil the multiplayer gameplay for their first title in the Call Of Duty series, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
Advanced Warfare brings a new dimension to series' trademark fast-paced multiplayer with the new powered exo-skeleton. This gives players several specific tools for taking the battle to the enemy. It all revolves around the suit's ability to boost. It allows enhanced jumping, dodging, sprinting, sliding and even a new boost slam melee attack bringing death from above. All of these can be chained together to offer players unparalleled mobility within the series.
The exo-skeleton also includes special abilities like the shield and the cloak which will allow Call Of Duty fans to customize their exo's abilities to suit their player style.
Another addition is Sledgehammer's new Supply Drop loot system. Supply Drops will offer players bonus rewards for time played and skill in battle with random loot from elite weapons and gear to reinforcements items across three class levels – Enlisted, Professional and Elite.
Customization blends the flexibility of Black Ops II's Pick 10 system with Killstreaks in a new system called Pick 13. Players can load up on gear, weapons and perks or sacrifice them for Killstreaks. There's also Scorestreaks which can be customized to help give players an extra edge in battle. There's even co-op Scorestreaks which allow two players to team up in multiplayer for added benefits.
Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is due out on November the 11th on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III coming this November, skipping last-gen release
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference