Sledgehammer unveils the multiplayer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare at a glitzy event in Cologne
Sledgehammer Games co-founders Michel Condrey and Glen Schofield have taken to the stage live in Cologne, Germany, to unveil the multiplayer gameplay for their first title in the Call Of Duty series, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
Advanced Warfare brings a new dimension to series' trademark fast-paced multiplayer with the new powered exo-skeleton. This gives players several specific tools for taking the battle to the enemy. It all revolves around the suit's ability to boost. It allows enhanced jumping, dodging, sprinting, sliding and even a new boost slam melee attack bringing death from above. All of these can be chained together to offer players unparalleled mobility within the series.
The exo-skeleton also includes special abilities like the shield and the cloak which will allow Call Of Duty fans to customize their exo's abilities to suit their player style.
Another addition is Sledgehammer's new Supply Drop loot system. Supply Drops will offer players bonus rewards for time played and skill in battle with random loot from elite weapons and gear to reinforcements items across three class levels – Enlisted, Professional and Elite.
Customization blends the flexibility of Black Ops II's Pick 10 system with Killstreaks in a new system called Pick 13. Players can load up on gear, weapons and perks or sacrifice them for Killstreaks. There's also Scorestreaks which can be customized to help give players an extra edge in battle. There's even co-op Scorestreaks which allow two players to team up in multiplayer for added benefits.
Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is due out on November the 11th on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year