Crackdown 2 out in June
Microsoft have confirmed that Crackdown 2 will be released in June.
Speaking as the latest NPD figures were released stateside (the Xbox 360 was in second place), Microsoft confirmed that that Ruffian's sequel will be out in the summer.
With X10 getting into gear in the US, we've already had new footage on the game, box art and screenshots - so this release date news can hardly come as a shock.
That said, a June release is something of a surprise as Microsoft tend to release their big platform sellers in the run up to the key Christmas season.
Update: Microsoft have contacted us today to clarify Crackdown 2's release. Apparently the June debut mooted in the NPD release was inaccurate, the platform holder only assuring a release "later" in 2010.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below