Crackdown 2 out in June
Microsoft have confirmed that Crackdown 2 will be released in June.
Speaking as the latest NPD figures were released stateside (the Xbox 360 was in second place), Microsoft confirmed that that Ruffian's sequel will be out in the summer.
With X10 getting into gear in the US, we've already had new footage on the game, box art and screenshots - so this release date news can hardly come as a shock.
That said, a June release is something of a surprise as Microsoft tend to release their big platform sellers in the run up to the key Christmas season.
Update: Microsoft have contacted us today to clarify Crackdown 2's release. Apparently the June debut mooted in the NPD release was inaccurate, the platform holder only assuring a release "later" in 2010.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year