Crackdown 2 out in June
Microsoft have confirmed that Crackdown 2 will be released in June.
Speaking as the latest NPD figures were released stateside (the Xbox 360 was in second place), Microsoft confirmed that that Ruffian's sequel will be out in the summer.
With X10 getting into gear in the US, we've already had new footage on the game, box art and screenshots - so this release date news can hardly come as a shock.
That said, a June release is something of a surprise as Microsoft tend to release their big platform sellers in the run up to the key Christmas season.
Update: Microsoft have contacted us today to clarify Crackdown 2's release. Apparently the June debut mooted in the NPD release was inaccurate, the platform holder only assuring a release "later" in 2010.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3