NCAA Basketball series fouls out
More tidbits are coming out of EA's financial report from earlier this week, this time regarding the fate of the company's NCAA Basketball series that has been indefinitely benched.
A thorough examination of the company's release calender for the rest of the fiscal year does not find a new entry in the college hoops franchise. Perhaps it's taking a year off? Not according to EA Sports in comment to Game Informer.
"We do not have an NCAA Basketball game in development at this time, and were currently reviewing the future of our NCAA Basketball business."
With EA focusing so heavily on NBA Live in recent years, it's not surprising that the NCAA series has suffered. It doesn't look like there's much hope for this one.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3