NCAA Basketball series fouls out
More tidbits are coming out of EA's financial report from earlier this week, this time regarding the fate of the company's NCAA Basketball series that has been indefinitely benched.
A thorough examination of the company's release calender for the rest of the fiscal year does not find a new entry in the college hoops franchise. Perhaps it's taking a year off? Not according to EA Sports in comment to Game Informer.
"We do not have an NCAA Basketball game in development at this time, and were currently reviewing the future of our NCAA Basketball business."
With EA focusing so heavily on NBA Live in recent years, it's not surprising that the NCAA series has suffered. It doesn't look like there's much hope for this one.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer