Forza 3 passes Gran Turismo PSP
Forza Motorsport 3 has eclipse 2 million copies sold since its October release, putting it just slightly ahead of handheld rival Gran Turismo PSP.
Microsoft made the announcement today, likely damage control following the release of lifetime sales data for competing series Gran Turismo that showed it outclassing Forza Motorsport.
That Forza Motorsport 3 has sold 2 million copies is a great thing, though it's not totally fair to compare it with the 1.8 million Gran Turismo copies bought on PSP. After all, PSP is a handheld and Xbox 360 is a console.
The real test of strength will come this autumn when Sony has promised to release the much-delayed Gran Turismo 5 for PS3.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title