Prince gets sequel
Despite sales that didn't quite soar to the levels Ubisoft's excellent title deserved, the French publisher have never-the-less kept the faith in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, as president Yves Guillemot confirmed a sequel yesterday.
"Today, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a resounding success for our group," he enthused. "A sequel to this hit is already being planned with an improved marketing positioning." He did however go on to add that Ubisoft's other festive failures probably won't be making a return, which is a shame as Beyond Good and Evil was more than a little impressive.
"We have learned from the launches of Beyond Good and Evil and XIII, two new brands launched in a very competitive market dominated by established brands," the President admitted. "In 2004, we will pursue our growth strategy with the launch of sequels to our top brands and of new top quality creations aimed at a large audience."
So, no more XIII either.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer