Prince gets sequel
Despite sales that didn't quite soar to the levels Ubisoft's excellent title deserved, the French publisher have never-the-less kept the faith in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, as president Yves Guillemot confirmed a sequel yesterday.
"Today, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a resounding success for our group," he enthused. "A sequel to this hit is already being planned with an improved marketing positioning." He did however go on to add that Ubisoft's other festive failures probably won't be making a return, which is a shame as Beyond Good and Evil was more than a little impressive.
"We have learned from the launches of Beyond Good and Evil and XIII, two new brands launched in a very competitive market dominated by established brands," the President admitted. "In 2004, we will pursue our growth strategy with the launch of sequels to our top brands and of new top quality creations aimed at a large audience."
So, no more XIII either.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week