Prince gets sequel
Despite sales that didn't quite soar to the levels Ubisoft's excellent title deserved, the French publisher have never-the-less kept the faith in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, as president Yves Guillemot confirmed a sequel yesterday.
"Today, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a resounding success for our group," he enthused. "A sequel to this hit is already being planned with an improved marketing positioning." He did however go on to add that Ubisoft's other festive failures probably won't be making a return, which is a shame as Beyond Good and Evil was more than a little impressive.
"We have learned from the launches of Beyond Good and Evil and XIII, two new brands launched in a very competitive market dominated by established brands," the President admitted. "In 2004, we will pursue our growth strategy with the launch of sequels to our top brands and of new top quality creations aimed at a large audience."
So, no more XIII either.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015