Prince gets sequel
Despite sales that didn't quite soar to the levels Ubisoft's excellent title deserved, the French publisher have never-the-less kept the faith in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, as president Yves Guillemot confirmed a sequel yesterday.
"Today, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a resounding success for our group," he enthused. "A sequel to this hit is already being planned with an improved marketing positioning." He did however go on to add that Ubisoft's other festive failures probably won't be making a return, which is a shame as Beyond Good and Evil was more than a little impressive.
"We have learned from the launches of Beyond Good and Evil and XIII, two new brands launched in a very competitive market dominated by established brands," the President admitted. "In 2004, we will pursue our growth strategy with the launch of sequels to our top brands and of new top quality creations aimed at a large audience."
So, no more XIII either.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light