Prince gets sequel
Despite sales that didn't quite soar to the levels Ubisoft's excellent title deserved, the French publisher have never-the-less kept the faith in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, as president Yves Guillemot confirmed a sequel yesterday.
"Today, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a resounding success for our group," he enthused. "A sequel to this hit is already being planned with an improved marketing positioning." He did however go on to add that Ubisoft's other festive failures probably won't be making a return, which is a shame as Beyond Good and Evil was more than a little impressive.
"We have learned from the launches of Beyond Good and Evil and XIII, two new brands launched in a very competitive market dominated by established brands," the President admitted. "In 2004, we will pursue our growth strategy with the launch of sequels to our top brands and of new top quality creations aimed at a large audience."
So, no more XIII either.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3