New Spore game in early 2011
A new game building upon Will Wright's massive evolution simulation Spore is being pegged for an early 2011 release by publisher EA.
Revealed in a financial report for the company's third quarter 2010 fiscal year, the new Spore instalment will supposed be a sequel to the 2008 PC original.
While not achieving the same hysteria as The Sims series, Spore did sell quite well in the first few months following release with approximately 2 million copies sold. The free creature creator saw nearly 100 million uses.
Console versions of the game are noted on EA's release calender, so whatever this mystery Spore title is, expect it to be friendly toward controllers.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year