New Spore game in early 2011
A new game building upon Will Wright's massive evolution simulation Spore is being pegged for an early 2011 release by publisher EA.
Revealed in a financial report for the company's third quarter 2010 fiscal year, the new Spore instalment will supposed be a sequel to the 2008 PC original.
While not achieving the same hysteria as The Sims series, Spore did sell quite well in the first few months following release with approximately 2 million copies sold. The free creature creator saw nearly 100 million uses.
Console versions of the game are noted on EA's release calender, so whatever this mystery Spore title is, expect it to be friendly toward controllers.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine