New Spore game in early 2011
A new game building upon Will Wright's massive evolution simulation Spore is being pegged for an early 2011 release by publisher EA.
Revealed in a financial report for the company's third quarter 2010 fiscal year, the new Spore instalment will supposed be a sequel to the 2008 PC original.
While not achieving the same hysteria as The Sims series, Spore did sell quite well in the first few months following release with approximately 2 million copies sold. The free creature creator saw nearly 100 million uses.
Console versions of the game are noted on EA's release calender, so whatever this mystery Spore title is, expect it to be friendly toward controllers.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title